Tier status of attica & kwallet

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Jan 22 17:35:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 04:24:37AM +1100, Michael Palimaka wrote:
> attica seems to have been absorbed as a framework, but does not appear
> to have been assigned a tier. Based on its dependencies, it looks like
> it would fit in tier 1?

The library was renamed to KF5Attica in the expectation it could be a
framework but I'd appreciate someone more knowledgeable giving it an
eye over to work out if anything else needs to be done to make it a
framework.

> kwallet is in tier 2, but since b60582640d99e0ef603bf4e02df974793fb5ad27
> it includes kwalletd which depends on higher tier frameworks - does it
> still belong in tier 2?

Another possibility would be to move kwalletd into a separate git
repository but I guess nobody is likely to use the library without the
daemon so tier 3 seems more sensible.

What needs looked at there is to match up the renamed dbus interface
in the daemon with the interface used by the library.  I don't think
the rename was necessary but it does need the dbus interface file
renamed, I've submitted a patch for that to review on reviewboard.

Jonathan