KTextEditor & Frameworks question

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jan 8 22:24:12 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 07 January 2014 20:48:39 David Faure wrote:
> The checklist for new frameworks can be extracted from
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/KF5.0_Release_Preparation
> which gives:
>
> * make new repo using script (done, in your case)
> * run astyle-kdelibs (requires some patching, so I can do it if you want)
> * adjust kde-build-metadata
> * get the job set up on build.kde.org (Ben or Aurélien)
> * ensure green ;)
> * add to bugs.kde.org (d_ed: how?)
> * add to reviewboard.kde.org (sysadmin request I suppose)
>
> Any wiki page where I add this list? Maybe it should go at the end of the
> list from "definition of done" in
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Splitting_kdelibs ?

Following this discussion I added the following page:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/CreationGuidelines

I also modified a bit one of the policies:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Frameworks_buildsystem_is_consistent
(was saying "installation rules" but it's really more about style of the
buildsystem, we might want to reference aurélien's template there if someone
feels like adding that).

> Seems to me that this is the only useful thing left from that wiki page,
> which we can otherwise delete, no?

I'd keep it for reference, but yes it's more archives at that point.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net