KTextEditor & Frameworks question

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Tue Jan 7 19:55:19 UTC 2014

> > > ${KTEXTEDITOR_PUBLIC_HEADERS})
> > >
> > > Why pass headers to add_library?
> >
> > Just for automoc, without that, I get stuff like:
> >
> > Linking CXX shared library libKF5TextEditor.so
> > CMakeFiles/KF5TextEditor.dir/view/kateviewinternal.cpp.o: In function
> > `KateViewInternal::scrollColumns(int)':
> > /home/cullmann/local/kf5/src/ktexteditor/src/view/kateviewinternal.cpp:522:
> > undefined reference to
> > `KTextEditor::View::horizontalScrollPositionChanged(KTextEditor::View*)'
>
> Hmm. I think this comes from the .h and the .cpp files not being in the same
> dir. Automoc doesn't like it, and I don't like it very much either ;)
> It makes navigation from .h to .cpp harder, depending on the IDE/tools used.
>
> Why not bring them together?
>
> The old reason for include/ktexteditor/*.h (being able to include
> <ktexteditor/file.h> from the cpp files) no longer applies,
> ecm_generate_headers takes care of generating local lowercase forwarding
> headers when used with PREFIX as you do.
Hmm, yeah, thats true, can take a try at that after the other stuff is settled.

> > Is it ok then to request moving or are there other constraints, too?
>
> Seems fine to me, go ahead.
>
> The checklist for new frameworks can be extracted from
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/KF5.0_Release_Preparation
> which gives:
>
> * make new repo using script (done, in your case)
;)

> * run astyle-kdelibs (requires some patching, so I can do it if you want)
Sure, that would be nice.

> * adjust kde-build-metadata
I guess I can give that a try.
KTextEditor looks like tier4?
Should I add a yaml file toplevel, too, containing that?

> * get the job set up on build.kde.org (Ben or Aurélien)
> * ensure green ;)
> * add to bugs.kde.org (d_ed: how?)
> * add to reviewboard.kde.org (sysadmin request I suppose)
I guess I can request that more or less as sysadmin ticket together with repo move?

> Any wiki page where I add this list? Maybe it should go at the end of the
> list
> from "definition of done" in
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Splitting_kdelibs ?
>
> Seems to me that this is the only useful thing left from that wiki page,
> which
> we can otherwise delete, no?
>
> > I guess I shall add all required frameworks to the
> > KF5TextEditorConfig.cmake.in, too, or?
>
> Yes.
Ok, will do so.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com