Issues porting KGeography to KF5

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jan 2 18:45:36 UTC 2014

El Dijous, 2 de gener de 2014, a les 17:36:41, Kevin Ottens va escriure:
> On Tuesday 31 December 2013 10:39:08 David Faure wrote:
> > On Tuesday 31 December 2013 00:52:59 David Gil Oliva wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I'm porting KGeography to KF5, and I found some issues.
> > >
> > > *KConfigDialog::setHelp()*
> > >
> > > KConfigDialog* dialog = new KConfigDialog(this, "settings",
> > > kgeographySettings::self());
> > > dialog->setHelp("configuration", "kgeography");
> > >
> > > It gives me the following error:
> > >
> > > /home/david/devel/kgeography/src/kgeography.cpp:170:13: error: ‘class
> > > KConfigDialog’ has no member named ‘setHelp’
> > > make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kgeography.dir/kgeography.cpp.o] Error 1
> > > make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kgeography.dir/all] Error 2
> > > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > >
> > > What should I subtitute it for? Or should I drop it?
> >
> > Kévin? Is the help button missing in your port of KPageDialog to
> > QDialogButtonBox?
>
> The problem is setHelp from KConfigDialog, not KPageDialog AFAICT. Not the
> help button itself.
>
> setHelp is indeed gone as it was in KDialog. Moving to QDialog was likely
> the most disruptive source incompatible change we had to go through. It's
> supposed to be replaced by showHelp() which is virtual (and by default
> invokes openUrl with help:/ which should do the right thing in most cases
> assuming the framework integration is active)

I'd say showHelp does the wrong thing everytime setHelp was called since
setHelp is used to specify which help page you wanted the help button to open,
and if you're doing it is most probably because you don't want the default, so
don't see how the default showHelp is going to work at all.

Cheers,
  Albert