Issues porting KGeography to KF5

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jan 2 16:36:41 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 31 December 2013 10:39:08 David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 December 2013 00:52:59 David Gil Oliva wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm porting KGeography to KF5, and I found some issues.
> >
> > *KConfigDialog::setHelp()*
> >
> > KConfigDialog* dialog = new KConfigDialog(this, "settings",
> > kgeographySettings::self());
> > dialog->setHelp("configuration", "kgeography");
> >
> > It gives me the following error:
> >
> > /home/david/devel/kgeography/src/kgeography.cpp:170:13: error: ‘class
> > KConfigDialog’ has no member named ‘setHelp’
> > make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kgeography.dir/kgeography.cpp.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kgeography.dir/all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > What should I subtitute it for? Or should I drop it?
>
> Kévin? Is the help button missing in your port of KPageDialog to
> QDialogButtonBox?

The problem is setHelp from KConfigDialog, not KPageDialog AFAICT. Not the
help button itself.

setHelp is indeed gone as it was in KDialog. Moving to QDialog was likely the
most disruptive source incompatible change we had to go through. It's supposed
to be replaced by showHelp() which is virtual (and by default invokes openUrl
with help:/ which should do the right thing in most cases assuming the
framework integration is active), or connecting to the help button clicked
signal since one can retrieve it.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net