Forwarding headers for ThreadWeaver

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jan 2 16:20:06 UTC 2014

On Thursday 02 January 2014 17:14:36 David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 02 January 2014 16:26:33 Mirko Boehm wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Is this a green light for us to convert all of threadweaver (and its
> > > users) to this scheme? (or do you plan to do so?)
> >
> > Actually, I *know* I have unpushed changes at home where I started with
> > the
> > class renaming. These will very likely clash with header file renamings.
> > So
> > I can take care of that on Saturday. If I need help, I will holler on IRC.
>
> OK.
>
> > Please wait, for the same reason as above. If you want to, we can set a
> > time for Saturday and meet, and get everything ready. Sorry for being a
> > pain here :-)
>
> I'll be online Saturday 10h-12h and probably 17h-20h.
>
> > What you could do is change the occasions you find that use the Weaver/
> > subdirectory to use the official include directory. Then removing the
> > subdirectories should not affect anybody outside of the ThreadWeaver
> > source.
>
> OK, pushed in
> http://commits.kde.org/threadweaver/f64082bc9a0ae3de47b47edcf95298e424326b5c
> to at least make it the same everywhere .

> > > As I said, TP1 does NOT include a SC promise, it's ok to make SC changes
> > > afterwards.
> >
> > The class name changes will be source *in*compatible.
>
> Oops I meant "it's ok to make SIC changes afterwards".
> But OK, while that's true for all other frameworks, if we maintain the idea
> of karchive and threadweaver being "final" then it doesn't apply to
> threadweaver.

They don't need to be final. SIC in them post-TP1 is fine to me.

Really this statement keeps creeping up I don't really know how we went from
me saying "we'll make a TP1 around december containing at least karchive and
threadweaver" to everyone saying "we'll make a TP1 around december containing
the final 5.0 versions of karchive and threadweaver". :-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net