Forwarding headers for ThreadWeaver

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 2 16:14:36 UTC 2014

On Thursday 02 January 2014 16:26:33 Mirko Boehm wrote:
> Hi,

> >> Ok.
> >
> > Is this a green light for us to convert all of threadweaver (and its
> > users) to this scheme? (or do you plan to do so?)
>
> Actually, I *know* I have unpushed changes at home where I started with the
> class renaming. These will very likely clash with header file renamings. So
> I can take care of that on Saturday. If I need help, I will holler on IRC.

OK.

> Please wait, for the same reason as above. If you want to, we can set a time
> for Saturday and meet, and get everything ready. Sorry for being a pain
> here :-)

I'll be online Saturday 10h-12h and probably 17h-20h.

> What you could do is change the occasions you find that use the Weaver/
> subdirectory to use the official include directory. Then removing the
> subdirectories should not affect anybody outside of the ThreadWeaver
> source.

OK, pushed in
http://commits.kde.org/threadweaver/f64082bc9a0ae3de47b47edcf95298e424326b5c
to at least make it the same everywhere .

> >> Threadweaver cannot be released before the class name changes are done,
> >> because those will be source incompatible. I get back tomorrow night, and
> >> will finish it on Saturday. After that, all other changes are incremental
> >> and BC, so the release would get unblocked. Sorry for that.
> >
> > As I said, TP1 does NOT include a SC promise, it's ok to make SC changes
> > afterwards.
>
> The class name changes will be source *in*compatible.

Oops I meant "it's ok to make SIC changes afterwards".
But OK, while that's true for all other frameworks, if we maintain the idea of
karchive and threadweaver being "final" then it doesn't apply to threadweaver.