Forwarding headers for ThreadWeaver

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 1 17:37:28 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 01 January 2014 18:27:36 Mirko Boehm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01 Jan 2014, at 17:26 , David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > I'm converting all frameworks to ecm_generate_headers, which creates
> > Framework/File forwarding headers for framework/file.h headers.
> >
> > But ThreadWeaver creates an issue: it has File.h headers (titlecase),
> > to be included like Weaver/Job.h
> >
> > Shall we leave it as is then?
> > Or convert it to weaver/job.h (lowercase) and Weaver/Job?
>
> Both are fine with me. It should be done the same way as with the other
> modules. Which way is the official one?

The official way used by all other modules would be
threadweaver/job.h (lowercase real header) and
ThreadWeaver/Job (forwarding header)

> > Why was the "Thread" word been removed?
>
> I cannot say, I did not change it (at least not purposefully, maybe this is
> a side effect of changes in the build system). The Weaver/ directory was
> always the subfolder in the source directory, and threadweaver/ was used
> when installing.

Oh OK, I should have been looking outside (e.g. in plasma), not in TW itself.
Indeed plasma uses threadweaver/Job.h, so I was wrong, "Weaver" hasn't been
removed.

OTOH to really make threadweaver like the other modules, I would move
src/Weaver/* to src/*, the subdir isn't useful.

> Since I was sick most of December, I am not completely done with the final
> touches for the release. I get back home on the 3rd, and will finish the
> last items on the TODO list on the 4th. Since this includes a few final
> class name changes, it needs to be synced with the followup changes in
> Plasma (nothing big). So from my point of view, ThreadWeaver should be
> ready early week 2.

I want to release TP1 asap (i.e. once all forwarding headers are installed),
but SIC changes can still be done afterwards.

> We are not having the threadweaver/ and ThreadWeaver/ directories in the
> same folder, right? Because that would not work on either OSX nor Windows
> (stating the obvious, I think).

Well, not that obvious - we didn't think about that :)
But thinking about it, I don't think it will create a problem. We install into
threadweaver/job.h and ThreadWeaver/Job, on Windows it might end up in the
same directory, but that's just fine, right?
The includes will work whichever case the directory has.

Not sure how OSX works.