kprintutils - next steps

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Feb 28 20:53:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM, John Layt <jlayt at kde.org> wrote:
> On 28 February 2014 14:14, Alex Merry <alex.merry at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> Given the alpha1 time constraints, I just pushed this.
>>
>> I'll leave dealing with the old repo to you (which I guess involves
>> filing a sysadmin request to remove it).
>>
>> David: kprintutils should not form part of alpha 1, since the code is
>> now all in KDE4Support.
>
> Fantastic, thanks Alex.  It all looks good to me.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do before deleting the repo?  I'd
> hate to delete it and break some dependency somewhere.  Do we want to
> remove it from kde-projects.xml first and wait a little before
> deleting it just so things like CI have time to sync up?  Perhaps I
> should change the kprintutils cmake to not install anything in the
> interim?

Projects can't be removed from kde_projects.xml without deleting the repository.
When you submit the deletion request we'll make sure to cleanup any
entries left behind on CI and Reviewboard.

You will need to update kde-build-metadata though to record that
frameworks/kprintutils no longer exists however.

> Cheers!
>
> John.

Thanks,
Ben