qt5 polkit-qt-1 and kdesrc-build

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Thu Feb 27 10:16:28 UTC 2014

On 26/02/14 21:25, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I today sat down trying to finally get a KF5 & kdesrc-build setup done. After
> lots of issues related to missing dependencies not listed (fixed now) on
> techbase, I hit an issue with kauth, namely that it tried to build agains tthe
> _qt4_ version of polkit-1. Can/should this not be forbidden on the cmake
> level?

Huh.  You're right, it is finding the Qt4 version on my machine.  I
hadn't noticed because it doesn't stop it from building.  That should
definitely be fixed.

> Furthermore, why is the default dfaure-approved kdesrc-build setup not
> building polkit-1 in the qt5 branch?

I suspect because no-one added it.  It's actually in there, but
commented out.

> I now fixed it locally by adding something like this to my local setup:
>
> module-set
>     repository kde-projects
>     branch qt5

The "branch" setting shouldn't be required if you have
  branch-group kf5-qt5
in your global section (kde:kde-build-metadata/logical-module-structure
encodes the relevant branch information).

>     use-modules polkit-qt-1
>     cmake-options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=debug
> end module-set

Alex