KItemModels, Solid & KJS licenses

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Wed Feb 26 17:42:50 UTC 2014

On 20/02/14 11:41, Alex Merry wrote:
>> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/223061
>
> KItemModels
>
> kcheckableproxymodel.(cpp|h) is Stephen Kelly (and, for safety, David
> Faure).

Changed.

> modeltest.(cpp|h) were taken from Qt Concurrent, and subsequently
> modified by Stephen Kelly, and touched by David Faure and Aurélien
> Gâteau (but I don't think the latter two count as copyright holders,
> judging from the commit messages).

So we can't just relicense this, because it is forked from a GPL-only
file, and Digia have only public LGPL-licensed a later version of it.
Just dropping in the new (LGPLv2.1) file seems to work, though.  That,
however, means that this code is LGPLv2, rather than LGPLv2+.

> David is on record as being happy with relicensing to LGPLv2+ (with or
> without the e.V. clause) - see relicensecheck.pl in kde:kde-dev-scripts.
>
>> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/223093
>
> KJS
>
> propertydescriptor.(cpp|h) is Bernd Buschinski.  Possibly also David
> Faure (although, as already noted, David's code is not an issue).  git
> log runs out early, though, so more investigation might be needed.

Changed.

>> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/223081
>
> Solid
>
> predicate_parser.(c|h) are false positives (Bison-generated; the
> skeleton has a license exception).
>
> other files: Ivan Čukić.  Touched by me (not enough for me to hold any
> copyright, though) and Volker Krause (arguably the same, but he's on
> record as being happy with LGPLv2+ anyway, although without the e.V.
> clause).

Still waiting.

Alex