KDNSSD merge

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Feb 26 07:09:48 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 25 February 2014 20:37:28 Alex Merry wrote:
> I've had a look at the kdnssd repositoy, and it contains two related
> bits of code: the zeroconf ioslave and a kded/KDirWatch module to notify
> KIO about changes to available services.
>
> These two obviously belong together; the question is where?  They can go
> in kdnssd-framework, making it depend on KIO, or they can go in KIO,
> making it (optionally) depend on KDNSSD.
>
> My preference would be to put it in KIO, since KIO seems an
> unnecessarily big thing for KDNSSD to drag in.

My preference as well. Would need confirmation from David that he's fine with
that, but I'm not sure he'll be reading his emails in the coming days.

> Also, what happens to the old repo, which is part of kdenetwork, and
> hence KDE SC?

I'd say it keeps the old copies until it is switched to KF5 itself. After that
kdnssd stuff can disappear from there.

BTW, I hope you've seen Matthieu Gallien patch around kdnssd? Would be nice if
you could take a shot at reviewing it, it's nice to see more people getting
involved.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net