KDNSSD merge

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Tue Feb 25 20:37:28 UTC 2014

I've had a look at the kdnssd repositoy, and it contains two related
bits of code: the zeroconf ioslave and a kded/KDirWatch module to notify
KIO about changes to available services.

These two obviously belong together; the question is where?  They can go
in kdnssd-framework, making it depend on KIO, or they can go in KIO,
making it (optionally) depend on KDNSSD.

My preference would be to put it in KIO, since KIO seems an
unnecessarily big thing for KDNSSD to drag in.

Also, what happens to the old repo, which is part of kdenetwork, and
hence KDE SC?

Alex