KItemModels, Solid & KJS licenses

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Feb 20 11:41:48 UTC 2014

CC'd people: please can you confirm that you would be happy to have the
files listed below relicensed from GPL to LGPLv2+?

Thanks

On 19/02/14 20:18, šumski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i've started pushing Frameworks to openSUSE Factory (i.e. next openSUSE
> release), and our legal review found some issues[1][2][3] with mentioned
> frameworks licenses.
> Details in the links bellow (basically, certain files are not licensed as per
> contained license).
> Should those files be re-licensed, or should those frameworks have dual
> license?
>

> Cheers,
> Hrvoje
> --------
> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/223061

KItemModels

kcheckableproxymodel.(cpp|h) is Stephen Kelly (and, for safety, David
Faure).

modeltest.(cpp|h) were taken from Qt Concurrent, and subsequently
modified by Stephen Kelly, and touched by David Faure and Aurélien
Gâteau (but I don't think the latter two count as copyright holders,
judging from the commit messages).

David is on record as being happy with relicensing to LGPLv2+ (with or
without the e.V. clause) - see relicensecheck.pl in kde:kde-dev-scripts.

> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/223093

KJS

propertydescriptor.(cpp|h) is Bernd Buschinski.  Possibly also David
Faure (although, as already noted, David's code is not an issue).  git
log runs out early, though, so more investigation might be needed.

> [1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/223081

Solid

predicate_parser.(c|h) are false positives (Bison-generated; the
skeleton has a license exception).

other files: Ivan Čukić.  Touched by me (not enough for me to hold any
copyright, though) and Volker Krause (arguably the same, but he's on
record as being happy with LGPLv2+ anyway, although without the e.V.
clause).

Alex