kde5 in [app .desktop file install] path

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Feb 11 20:09:55 UTC 2014

On Monday 10 February 2014 11:30:46 Alex Merry wrote:
> On 09/02/14 23:55, Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> > ./kde-modules/KDEInstallDirs.cmake:_set_fancy(XDG_APPS_INSTALL_DIR
> > "${SHARE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/applications/kde5"   "The XDG apps dir")
>
> Personally, I'm still of the view that XDG_APPS_INSTALL_DIR should just
> be ${SHARE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/applications; did we ever reach a conclusion
> on that?

Ah right, I said "this has annoyed me in the past too", so I am rather in
favour of it.

Thinking out loud: with the current efforts in making things co-installable, I
wonder... it'll make .desktop files clash between kde4 and kde5.
Already solved for kdelibs4 (by renaming the two desktop files in KF5's kio),
though, so maybe we're fine, if co-installing apps isn't wanted.
Jonathan: it's not, right?