Tier status of attica & kwallet

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 1 14:05:19 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 22 January 2014 17:35:50 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 04:24:37AM +1100, Michael Palimaka wrote:
> > attica seems to have been absorbed as a framework, but does not appear
> > to have been assigned a tier. Based on its dependencies, it looks like
> > it would fit in tier 1?
>
> The library was renamed to KF5Attica in the expectation it could be a
> framework but I'd appreciate someone more knowledgeable giving it an
> eye over to work out if anything else needs to be done to make it a
> framework.

Well, it's missing many things from ECM, since it's not using ECM at all.
That makes it a bit of an odd duck.

(For instance it doesn't install forwarding headers, nor a qmake .pri file,
the headers don't get installed under include/KF5, etc.)

If we want to make it a real framework (I'm all for it), then we need to drop
the qt4 support from master and port it to ECM.
(possibly after making a qt4-specific branch, of course).