Suggestion to ntroduce an application for testing config paths and access to files installed by cmake or created at runtime

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 07:37:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to add that the Windows platform has similar issues
QStandardPaths does not match with the paths were cmake installs these
files. As a temporary workaround we use this dirty hack [1] (patch Qt)
to add the paths where cmake installs stuff to QStandardPaths. We also
need to setup the QT_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable which we would
need to avoid when deploying applications because, unlike Linux on
Windows there is nobody to do it (no KDE session that launches the
rest of the applications).

Since the two platforms are in kind of the same situation I would like
to see a similar solution to these problems.

Regards,
Cristian

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/emerge/repository/entry/portage/libs/qt5/qtbase/qtbase-20130714.patch?rev=master