kcoreaddons fails to build properly on OSX/CI (was OSX/CI: kauth fails to build )

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Aug 20 20:44:20 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

just now on IRC Cristian pointed me to [1] which is exactly the problem I am
seeing here with the latest cmake version!!!

BUT, I am not using different versions of cmake locally, since that’s impossible
with the CI system anyway.

  ===>>> So, could be it would be a good idea to re-open the RR [1] ?! <<<===

FYI:

I had - in the meantime - tried to analyse a little what’s going on when I try
to rebuild kauth on the OSX/CI system…

I had installed the latest cmake version.

Then I purged the install directory and rebuilt tier 0 and ONLY kcoreaddons:

---
MVM2:scripts marko$ ./tier-install.sh 0 rebuild

Installing all tier 0 frameworks:
Project: extra-cmake-modules
Calling prepare script
Calling build script
Project: phonon
Calling prepare script
Calling build script

Finished installing all tier 0 frameworks.

No framework failed.

MVM2:scripts marko$ ./install.sh kcoreaddons rebuild
Project: kcoreaddons
Creating still missing build directory...
Calling prepare script
Calling build script
MVM2:scripts marko$ ls /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kcoreaddons/inst/include/KF5/KCoreAddons
KAboutData  kaboutdata.h  kcoreaddons_export.h

MVM2:scripts marko$ rm -rf ~/WC/KDECI-builds/kcoreaddons
MVM2:scripts marko$ ./install.sh kcoreaddons rebuild
Project: kcoreaddons
Creating still missing build directory...
Calling prepare script
Calling build script
MVM2:scripts marko$ ls /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kcoreaddons/inst/include/KF5/KCoreAddons
KAboutData  kaboutdata.h  kcoreaddons_export.h
MVM2:scripts marko$
---

As you can see even purging the build directory and rebuilding didn’t help.

 >>> It looks like this all is connected to the cmake version [2] used here! <<<

I had to revert back to and rebuild the older cmake version now [3], in order to
be at least partially able to build things. Having done so I was finally able to
build kauth as well as libkeduvocdocument, for instance. Trying to build more
stuff now. => And it works again, since I even finished tier 4 by now... :-)

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/119300/
[2] cmake revision: 7000a06b06ef3c5d15418b3afb4f0525fa1f688c from June 3rd
[3] cmake revision: 0ee116b7eb1e65d7e7ae6c13628c57eec038b53d