Minimum translation percentage for frameworks release

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:08:54 UTC 2014

> As a head of another inactive, barely passing current criteria language
> team, I would also vote for partially translated strings over no translation
> at all. If the user doesn't like partially translated dialogs, he can always
> join the translation team and help to improve the situation.
>

> The head of Latvian team,
> Māris Nartišs.

>> to. den 31. 07. 2014 klokka 21.14 (+0200) skreiv Vít Pelčák:
>> > I'm siding with Albert.
>> >
>> > As I translate to Czech language, we basically reached level, when you
>> > see unstranslated messages only rarely.
>> > That means, whenever I see untranslated message, I can understand its
>> > point and am able to fix it.
>>
>> FWIW, I too agree with Albert’s proposal.
>>
>> I work on a language where the KDE translations (of at least some
>> applications and libraries) are far from complete.
>> Still, I prefer to see partial translations instead of no translations.
>>
>> This also make it easy to see which strings it is most important to
>> translate (the ‘high-visibility’ ones, shown in the main application
>> window and dialogues – rare error message and descriptions of rarely
>> used preferences dialogues should IMHO not be prioritised when one has
>> limited manpower for translating).

Hi Māris and all the others,

Looks like we reached a consensus. (Those who are only subscribed to
kde-frameworks-devel, please see in the KDE-i18n-doc mailing list more
replies for shipping all translations without filtering.)

Sorry, I totally missed the point about motivation for newcomers in
translation teams, even though I joined our translation team for the
same reason as Vít did and around the same 5-6 years ago :)

--
Alexander Potashev