KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w17

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Apr 22 14:36:28 UTC 2014

Chair: Riddell
Reports this week: alexmerry, agateau, apol, mck182, PovAddictW, tosky
Observing: markg85, MJD, notmart

Announcements:
- Sprint: Thursday to Monday, in Barcelona https://sprints.kde.org/sprint/224
  notes page: https://notes.kde.org/p/frameworks-sprint-2014
- Beta 2, a week on Thursday, May 1st

=Alex Merry=
alexmerry> I have been doing lots of ECM improvements, getting it in a releasable state
alexmerry> have a ton of review requests open
Riddell> alexmerry: svuorela is concerned that the location of directories is set in an ECM file which needs patched by distros and thinks this might not be the best place to set such policy, have you come across that?
alexmerry> Riddell: yes, but I'm not convinced distros do need to patch it
alexmerry> other plans for the sprint involve trying to grab people who have access to unusual hardware (non x64_64) for some kimageformats issues

=Aurélien Gâteau=
agateau> working on translations lately
agateau> Almost done with Qt-based frameworks support. Still need to find out how to handle plural forms: for each framework, a plural-only english .po needs to be kept updated.
agateau> Question: who should be responsible for this? (I suggested en_GB people but haven't received any feedback for this)
(en_GB mostly inactive)

=Aleix Pol=
apol> I have the ongoing effort of moving the documentation around, making sure everything is in place

=Martin Klapetek=
mck182> I changed the default assignees on the bug reports
mck182> and left a default cc to kdelibs-bugs at kde.org
mck182> there are still lots of frameworks without maintainers
mck182> so can people please please update the list
mck182> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List
mck182> that is, if you're a maintainer and your framework says TBD, please update
mck182> also I reset the assignee on some bugs
mck182> and did some triaging

=Nicolás Alvarez=
PovAddictW> I fixed some more frameworks for buildability on Windows, and started adding emerge (Windows's kdesrc-build) packages for them
PovAddictW> kio is still waiting on a big patch from arichardson, but all of kio's dependencies are there
PovAddictW> I also cleaned up leftover "if we're building inside monolithic kdelibs" checks in all frameworks's CMakeLists.txt

=Luigi Toscano=
tosky> no computer during weekend, so my final (for kf5.0) kdoctools tasks are still ongoing
tosky> namely, moving the common directory from svn/trunk/l10n-<whatever> to kdoctools as other common stuff, renaming it and finally install it but I will fix it before the new beta