Update your copy of extra-cmake-modules

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Mon Apr 21 16:57:05 UTC 2014

On 21/04/14 16:26, šumski wrote:
> On Friday 18 of April 2014 10:37:50 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>> I made it that way intentionally because I consider it bad to have different
>> code generated depending on whether you have the framework is built from a
>> release tarball or from git.
>>
>> I understand this means more build dependencies for packagers, but I don't
>> see any other way.
>
> Understood. Wrt the packaging, that can be more or less bypassed (and i've
> done so already with openSUSE Qt5 packages), but i was also curious about
> additional dependencies in general. E.g. with KArchive, previously only QtCore
> was needed to get it built. Now people will need to build e.g. qtdeclarative
> and qtwebkit to get qttools, which is now hard requirement for KArchive (note
> that i haven't checked is ECMCreateQmFromPoFiles added specifically to
> KArchive, but this is applied to any such Framework).

I guess the ideal solution would be to integrate the po->ts conversion
into the translation workflow (ie: a job for scripty). That way, qttools
is not needed at build time.

The build/install process for the l10n modules should still do the
conversion, of course, otherwise translators couldn't do their testing
properly. But we should ship .ts files with frameworks instead of .po files.

Alex