Kioslave repos

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:37:33 UTC 2014

On Thursday 10 April 2014 19:52:34 Àlex Fiestas wrote:

> So like I said in the sprint is it is something nice to have but it has to
> be maintained, fixed and polished and that won't happen before 2.0 and
> there is no reason to believe it will ever happen (since nobody at the
> sprint even knew what it was).

A problem i'm seeing now in this thread, is that in january at the sprint not
everybody was present. and the parts of the workspace, especially those
dreaded (uhm, "hystoric"?;) ones are of interest really of everybody.
So is reasonable some of the things decided there come as a surprise, or that
many "potential" maintainers just completely missed thins.

in an ideal world(tm) would probably had to be done in a breakout session at
akademy, as in the only configuration most of the people that should be there
are there.
But since that wasn't possible, I'm proposing the following:

On frameworks tuesdays (just to piggyback a day many people already have
reserved to be on irc, another day may be planned if needed) we again go over
the pieces, one by one, like we did at the sprint, and again search for
maintainers for things that don't have yet.

More important thing would be doing a priority list for things that really
must be there and is vital they cannot regress and having those assigned to
somebody first (obvious example, global shortcut editor)

This of course makes sense if enough people are interested doing it.

maybe i'm talking shit, i don't know ;)
does it make sense? would somebody be interested in this adopt-a-pet thing?

--
Marco Martin