Kioslave repos

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Apr 10 17:52:34 UTC 2014

On Thursday 10 April 2014 13:43:37 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 10 April 2014, Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> > > Developers being confortable with it, or even (gasp!) being actively
> > > maintained goes completely secondary behind the causing as less
> > > regressions as possible for the users.
> >
> > I guess you can leave the code there and just not add it to cmake, then we
>
> no, even that is the same problem (i did not explain enough), ie there are
> two cases:
>
> * it's not built and ported yet, likely noone will miss it
> * it's not built and ported yet, causes regressions
>
> in the first case, it can either be just killed or is fine the micro repo if
> someone steps up for maintainership
>
> in the second case, it's just a release blocker, and has to be enabled and
> ported, *even if* there won't be anyone maintaining it after that, it's a
> part of the workspace and needs to be released, (and yes, preferably in the
> plasma- workspace repo) if it's not yet, there will be no release until is
> ported and built.

Thing is, in KDE4 it is broken, the model is all fucked up, some times it
mounts the incorrect things or things that are already mounted (causing
annoying dialogs) etc.

So like I said in the sprint is it is something nice to have but it has to be
maintained, fixed and polished and that won't happen before 2.0 and there is no
reason to believe it will ever happen (since nobody at the sprint even knew
what it was).