libmm-qt/libnm-qt as KF5

Lamarque Souza lamarque at kde.org
Wed Apr 9 21:35:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

Sure I think they are, I am asking all those questions about dependencies
and implications of adding the libraries to KF5 because of that too. I just
want to make sure the other developers still think the same. I did not make
that decision alone back in 2011 in Madrid.

I think they are useful for embedded programs that use NetworkManager to
connect. Sharing MMQt between Plasma NM and KDE Telepathy is also a good
example. Using dbus-send for creating NetworkManager connections used to be
very troublesome because of the settings parsing code required to
send/retrieve the connection settings to/from NetworkManager. Creating a
small program using NMQt is simpler since we already implement that parsing
code. There is even an example in libnm-qt/examples/createconnection about
that.

Ok, so let's move on. NMQt/MMQt are going to be part of KF5, I will try to
compile the framework branch next weekend and see what is still needed to
be done to make that happen.

Thanks to all for answering my questions.

Lamarque V. Souza

KDE's Network Management maintainer

http://planetkde.org/pt-br