libmm-qt/libnm-qt as KF5

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Apr 9 05:20:27 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Tuesday 08 April 2014 19:51:05 Lamarque Souza wrote:
>  I understood that, I just do not know all the other things we need to do
> to make NMQt/MMQt part of KF5. And yes, I agree in making NMQt/MMQt part of
> KF5. The other doubt I still have is  where _kde_add_platform_definitions
> is defined. By what I could figure out it is not in ECM, so something else
> is needed to parse the CMakeLists.txt file in current NMQt's framework
> branch.

_kde_add_platform_definitions is available in ECM. So from your perspective it
means ECM is the only extra dependency as stated several times.

> As for my questioning about merging NMQt/MMQt into plasma-nm repo is
> because every time I argue that we should make them usable for non-KDE
> users arguments like this appears: "I would be really interested how many
> distributions would have it [NMQt] without Plasma NM.". Now I am wondering
> if I am the only one that still thinks NMQt/MMQt are useful for other
> software besides Plasma NM.

Honestly, if you really think NMQt/MMQt are to be useful outside of plasma-nm,
then KDE Frameworks is likely a good place for them, if not you'd better merge
them in plasma-nm.

Personally I doubt they're useful outside of plasma-nm though. But that's your
job as maintainer to pick a choice.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net