Kioslave repos

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Tue Apr 8 13:31:51 UTC 2014

On 08/04/14 14:02, Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> I personally do not want to have those not of interest or unmaintained
> kiosalves around, I do not want to maintain them, I do not want distros to
> ship them by default (which will happen for those distros that will pacakge
> the entire repository) etc.
>
> Maybe we can move them to unmaintain (there is such place in our git repos I
> think)  or something like that, but I really think that kio_cgi does not
> belong near smb.

Well, I would say: discard them or include them.  I know Albert was
pushing not to get rid of code that still technically works, but I think
you either have to go that route and put it in
kioslaves/kio-extras/whatever (so that it will hopefully *keep*
working), or declare it dead on the basis no-one cares enough to bother
maintaining it.

To a large extent, I would consider this the decision of whoever
volunteers to maintain kio-extras (or whatever it gets called).

Alex