Kioslave repos

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Apr 8 10:55:15 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Tuesday 08 April 2014 12:30:44 Aleix Pol wrote:
> The rationale is that we should never need to pull a Plasma Workspace to
> get an _application_ running.

I'd argue the application is broken if that happens. :-)

A regular application should only need KDE Frameworks and eventually other
libraries (kdepimlibs, Qt, etc.) to run. If it needs direct implementation
details about the workspace the application is badly designed.

Of course that raises the question of what is part of the workspace... that
doesn't give any indication on splitting though. No application was supposed
to depend on kde-workspace before anyway, so I'd understand kicking out what's
not needed in there anymore, I don't understand exploding it completely.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net