Where to put kglobalacceld?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 19:42:23 UTC 2014

El Dilluns, 7 d'abril de 2014, a les 21:20:19, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Àlex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Friday 04 April 2014 15:41:07 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> >> Given that kglobalaccel is only intended for the kde-workspaces anyway my
> >> suggestion is to move it into plasma-workspace repository instead of
> >> merging with the framework. Please note that with Wayland it will be
> >> extremely difficult to provide a generic globalaccel anyway (no global
> >> keylogger like in X11 possible) and my plan is to implement the
> >> interface in KWin.>
> > I would put it in a separate repo just to make sure distributions do not
> > add plasma-workspace as a dependency of kglobalaccel (which will mean
> > that application developers will run away from the dependency).
> >
> > What about kglobalaccel-runtime ?
>
> Frameworks has gone well overkill with the desire to split everything
> into separated repositories.

+1

Remember when the slackware people stopped building Gnome because it was too
hard? Wonder what they'll think of the repo monstruosity we're creating :D

Yes, and I know we have tools to build it, and I'm using them to some extent.
I just feel we went ran away from "one monolothic kdelibs" too fast and ended
up with probably too much repos.

Sorry for the rant, feel free to ignore :-)

Cheers,
  Albert