Status of the KDE Runtime module splitting

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 16:57:25 UTC 2014

Hi,
We started the discussion of splitting some time where we somewhat agreed
on a splitting plan [1]. I've been working during the last week on it, and
decided I'd send an e-mail with some update on the status. Most things that
haven't been done yet, are because I don't really know what to do with
them, especially because I could really use some feedback from the
respective KF5 maintainers.

- DrKonqi: Is a huge dependency for KCrash but then a major feature there.
- KGlobalAccelD: Again, huge dependency for the KGlobalAccel daemon but
also a must to have it working.
- l10n, localization: it was decided in this mailing list it would go to
kde4support when some development happens. Otherwise it should go to
KUnitConversion because it's only used there. besides KDE4Support.
- solid-networkstatus: Alex is doing this one, it's pending on this review
[2].
- attica-kde, kurifilter-plugins, KWindowsAddons, solid-deviceautomounter:
I need to request the directory, but they need to go into a separate
directory and that's it.
- kioslaves, kioslaves-extra: I'm waiting to get the respositories, the
sysadmin team seems to have some concerns. Discussing it at the moment
(when the time zones let us).
- doc: I plan to do it after the rest is sorted out.

Aleix

[1] http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/New_Runtime_Organization
[2] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/117333/