Where to put kglobalacceld?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Apr 4 13:41:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

similar as to what we already have with DrKonqi moving kglobalacceld from kde-
runtime into the globalaccel framework would significantly raise the tier and
dependencies. At the moment KGlobalAccel is a tier1 framework.

The runtime component though depends on:
* KF5::GlobalAccel
* KF5::KCMUtils
* KF5::I18n
* KF5::XmlGui
* KF5::WindowSystem
* KF5::DBusAddons
* KF5::Notifications
* KF5::KIOWidgets
* KF5::Crash

Even if we consider that some are probably not needed it would at least become
tier2.

Given that kglobalaccel is only intended for the kde-workspaces anyway my
suggestion is to move it into plasma-workspace repository instead of merging
with the framework. Please note that with Wayland it will be extremely
difficult to provide a generic globalaccel anyway (no global keylogger like in
X11 possible) and my plan is to implement the interface in KWin.

Opinions?

Cheers
Martin