Frameworks Overview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 23 09:43:58 UTC 2013

Hey,

On Monday, September 23, 2013 00:27:21 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 19 September 2013 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> >

> > http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Overview
>
> I have put the data on Inqlude (see http://inqlude.org/edge.html).

Thanks. One issue though, we're duplicating incomplete information that is in
flux. (For example, I know of at least one framework that has been added to
tier2 (I think) since last week. The information will need constant updating
for a few more months. Having it in to places doesn't make that easier.

Can I update the info on inqlude.org somehow, so we can ditch the wiki
version?

> It would be nice, if we could improve the presentation of the different
> libraries along with the code. The goal of Inqlude is to make them easily
> accessible not only to us, but also to Qt developers who don't necessarily
> know anything about KDE or might have (more or less founded) objections
> against using KDE libraries. To reach this we'll need to present KF5 in a
> bit  more independent way, and make sure that each library can stand on its
> own.

Technically, this is the current focus. We're splitting kdelibs.

As to communication, it probably needs a bit of boilerplate. (Which the bits I
wrote don't contain purposefully.) Otherwise, you're right, we need to work on
the presentation side here.

Cheers,
--
sebas