KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w44

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Oct 29 15:59:43 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

This is the minutes of the Week 43 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.

Were present: afiestas, agateau, apol, arichardson, d_ed, dfaure, dMaggot,
jpwhiting, sebas, svuorela, teo, vHanda and myself.

Announcement:
 * dfaure's and my sponsoring dried out, thanks to Blue Systems and KDAB for
the support;
 * we'll now contribute from our spare time only;
 * we're almost to the "let's split repos point", we need a final push, please
people finish your pending tasks ASAP so that we start splitting work mid-
November;

Topics discussed:
 * afiestas finished the kded move, pending review and push;
 * he's still working on the new Solid::PowerManagement async API;

 * agateau is very active on the "building standalone" front;
 * ki18n, knotifications and kdoctools build standalone now;
 * effort is tracked there (might move):
   https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Modularization
 * he's also been working on various fixes (KCompletion, libdbusmenu-qt,
workspace);

 * apol has been working on ecm_generate_headers, it still requires some
polishing;
 * he also did a port attempt of kalgebra on KF5 which just worked;

 * arichardson has been working on having kconfig in proper shape on windows;
 * kconf_update still needs work;

 * d_ed moved knotifyconfig in place;
 * he still has some blockers around khtml;

 * dfaure is making progress toward killing libkio;
 * he's waiting on mck182 to deal with KImageIO;
 * he's also fixed bugs in KDirWatch and KArchive;
 * he also adjusted the code to some CI changes;

 * dMaggot is helping agateau with tier 2 standalone builds;
 * he's working on kwallet ATM;

 * jpwhiting ported knewstuff away from KImageIO;
 * he plans further cleanups in there;

 * sebas has been fixing the build;
 * he's also working on the system tray;
 * and he's trying to figure out a race condition in kservice_desktop_to_json;

 * svuorela has been working on the windows support (thanks a million!);
 * he recommends people to get dirty and help there, exhibits interesting
issues (like KRandom being not really well seeded, or KSharedDataCache being a
KNonSharedDataNonCache);
 * he got karchive to work at least with zlib (bz2 and xz are not tested yet);
 * he's also looking for a windows machine usable by the CI system, if anyone
has that please get in touch;

 * teo is working on ksmserver;

 * vHanda moved kross to tier 3;

 * ervin moved some pieces out of staging, it's soon to be empty;
 * he also worked on moving kdewidgets in its own place (tier 3);
 * we need solutions for interfaces/ and doc/ help and feedback on how to
modularize that is welcome.

If you got questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.
--