Review Request 113373: Enable C++11 support by default.

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:22:26 UTC 2013

Kevin Ottens wrote:

>> Stephen Kelly wrote:
>>It's not my decision either. It's just a recommendation.
>>
>> Aleix Pol Gonzalez wrote:
>>I object.
>>What's the big impediment of releasing ECM? If there's an impediment,
>>let's fix it.
>
> I agree with Aleix here. I think it's important that the first frameworks
> we'll release are as close as possible to the final situation, ECM should
> be releasable by then. If something blocks that, we should try to solve
> it.

ReviewBoard is not suited for non-patch discussion.

One problem is that we have a CMakePackageConfigHelpers.cmake fork in ECM.
That fork is no longer needed as of cmake master.

Things like

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.buildsystem/7994/focus=6969

could also be solved by teaching CMake something more about tests (not done
yet, but I see no reason why worthwhile improvements there would not be
accepted).

That could obsolete ecm_mark_as_test etc.

Thanks,

Steve.