update your cmake!

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Oct 11 06:59:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Thursday 10 October 2013 15:17:12 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> In order to build KF5 and Plasma2 code, you have to update your cmake to
> 2.8.12. Otherwise, you'll get build errors.

Ok... that came as unexpected. I thought we'd handle the upgrade to 2.8.12 in
a nicer way learning from past problems it caused from doing it too quick.
>From my point of view the sooner we use it the better, would have been nice to
give a one week warning though.

Since we already depend on it, I'd say update the version requirement in the
code ASAP to reflect the change (AFAIK it's not done yet), then Stephen can
run is script to introduce ALIAS. Which would finally enable to properly build
in both monolithic and independent ways for the frameworks.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net