EcmQt4To5Porting

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Oct 7 15:40:18 UTC 2013

On Friday 04 October 2013 10:51:07 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 October 2013 14:07:31 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > > There were 2 files recently removed from ECM which broke attica's build,
> > > this puts the removed files as local cmake modules.
> > >

> > > Diffs
> > > -----
> > >
> > >   CMakeLists.txt e0efb9b
> > >   cmake/modules/ECMQt4To5Porting.cmake PRE-CREATION
> > >   cmake/modules/FindQt5Transitional.cmake PRE-CREATION
> >
> > I'm confused. Why have they been removed from ECM?
> > (and where was this explained/announced).
>
> I only found out because Attica failed to build for me, so I investigated
> and notified Stephen, he suggested to either copy the files over or "do it
> properly" as explained in his following email. Being unfamiliar with Attica
> completely, I chose the easier way.
It's not just libattica which failed, but also for example libdbusmenu-qt:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:53 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5Transitional.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "Qt5Transitional", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Transitional"
  with any of the following names:

    Qt5TransitionalConfig.cmake
    qt5transitional-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Transitional" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or
  set "Qt5Transitional_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.
  If "Qt5Transitional" provides a separate development package or SDK, be
  sure it has been installed.

> I too, however, would appreciate these breaking changes to be at least
> announced on this list.
+1000, I think we can do much better to prevent that developers struggle to
get their build fixed again.

Cheers
Martin