CMake templates

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Oct 4 13:03:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

In case you missed them, CMake templates for frameworks were merged into the
frameworks branch yesterday. You can now find a "template" dir in "kdelibs",
with all the necessary scaffolding to create a new framework.

These template files can be used for two things:

- To create new frameworks: there is a setup.sh in the folder which will copy
the files and do the appropriate renaming

- As a reference when splitting frameworks: if you get strange cmake errors
while building, check your framework structure matches with the templates.

For this to be useful it has to be kept updated, I am going to do my best
there, but if you spot anything strange or outdated in there, please notify
the list and/or fix it.

Note that the templates themselves are "buildable": you can create a build
dir, point cmake to the "template" dir and "make install" a (useless)
libFooBar.so.

Aurélien