Having a Tier 0 for cmake and git submodules

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 10 19:11:07 UTC 2013

On Sunday 10 November 2013 13:44:09 Michael Pyne wrote:
> I would highly recommend doing something similar to what was done for
> strigi  when it was split into 5 git modules.

I think you misunderstood the issue?

A super-repo might help automating "building all of KF5", but it doesn't solve
the issue of "defining the install dirs and compiler settings in the separate
karchive tarball".

The stuff in the super-repo won't be in the karchive tarball, so it's
unrelated to the discussion in this thread, unless I'm missing something.

[And FWIW, the strigi setup has always given me a lot of trouble (but probably
because it was a special case rather than the common case)]