Having a Tier 0 for cmake and git submodules

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sun Nov 10 18:23:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-10, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:

> --===============3596639883239406900==
>

> --nextPart1424144.VkBYIHTjbs
>
> On Sunday 10 November 2013 17:12:02 Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> Why move it out of e-c-m ?
>
> To make e-c-m a neutral ground again, not something purely for KDE need=
> s. I=20
> can understand that positioning.

Let's just rename most of them to make them not look like kde specifics.
Except kdeinstalldirs. But well. cmake has gnuinstalldirs and similar,
so that could kind of be  okay to have.

Then there is the extremely dangerous KDECompilerSettings that should be
renamed to LOLPleaseAddSurprisesIntoTheCMakeSetup. srsly. "I added a
KDE Framework to my application and suddenly -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug is
building with -O2". The other bits of the file seems to be filled with
"Is this still needed?" "Does this work?"
Should we consider sending it to the eternal bitfields?

that leaves KDECMakeSettings which kind of could be renamed to
'PleaseUseSane2013Defaults' and thus no longer be KDE specific.
We could then extend it in a couple of years if we need new changed sane
defaults for 2015.

/Sune