Having a Tier 0 for cmake and git submodules

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Nov 10 17:43:52 UTC 2013

On Sunday 10 November 2013 17:12:02 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> Why move it out of e-c-m ?

To make e-c-m a neutral ground again, not something purely for KDE needs. I
can understand that positioning.

> And if a distribution need to patch whatever is in the 'submodule', they
> have a enormous useless piece of work ahead for them.

Well, to me it looks like something very easy to automate. It'd be the exact
same files at the exact same place in each of the frameworks. Nothing you
couldn't solve using a for loop in your shell. :-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net