Getting ecm files from the ECM package

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 10 09:18:37 UTC 2013

On Sunday 03 November 2013 14:05:32 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> To build karchive itself, they would need cmake + tier0-kf5 + ECM

Which is exactly what I want to avoid.

You wrote "To build software using karchive with cmake, they still need only
cmake." but this requires karchive to be installed first. On a linux distro,
no problem. But on Windows, they will have to build karchive themselves
(unless we make binary packages, which I heavily doubt we will do).
So the problem is real. I do NOT want to have to tell people "install 3 build-
system components before you can even build this very simple library".