Getting ecm files from the ECM package

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Nov 1 16:38:08 UTC 2013

On Friday 01 November 2013 17:04:12 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Friday, November 01, 2013 11:57:35 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > > Then it is time to think of a way to integrate cmake with the separate
> > > source of find_modules. Algorithmically, it would look like
> > >
> > > PROJECT(MyApplication)
> > > FIND_MODULES_REPOSITORY("http://ecm.kde.org")
> > > FIND_PACKAGES(KF5 REQUIRED...)
> > >
> > > and so forth. That would be a real breakthrough. It is related to the
> > > approach taken by Maven and others. All it takes is a built-in way for
> > > CMake to download the find_modules into a cache location and update them
> > > when needed, or on request.
> >
> > Yes, that's definitely something we've been missing for a long time
> > compared  to the java crowd who massively use Maven. It is an *excellent*
> > feature, and would solve this kind of headaches we have with the build
> > system.
>
> I think some distros disallow downloading stuff during build-time.

Then they just disable the feature during package creation, nothing gets
downloaded. It's something you should be able to opt-out from anyway if you
want to provide your own copy of the modules yourself (because you have them
anyway for instance). In the same way, if enabled it should use the ones you
got locally first for obvious reasons.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net