topic request for next week's meeting: build requirements for kf5

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 21 16:11:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

Post 4.11, we will be encouraging as many people working on Workspace stuff as
possible to move over to KF5 (inc plasma-framework). It will be critical to
have a clear, (accurately) documented and reliable build (and update) recipe.

Given the feedback in the last few weeks on building kf5, it is apparent that
right now we lack that. So I would like to propose this as a topic for next
week's Wednesday KF5 irc meeting.

Specifically, I'd like to see if we can find consensus on:

* cmake requirements (version of cmake, e-m-c; how to update those in future)
* qt5 (with a clear recipe that works, including for updating)
* kf5 build commitments  (dependency changes and API change scheduling)

Is that acceptable?

--
Aaron J. Seigo