Fwd: please make it easier to hack on frameworks

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon May 20 19:53:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 6:41 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 20 May 2013 10:11:15 Ian Monroe wrote:
>> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> > qt5.git defines which sha1 of the submodules you should get.
>>
>> It hasn't been updated in a month.
>
> That's fine though. It's the basis for KF5 development.
>
> Don't use API that's only in qtbase-dev, you would break compilation for
> everyone else.
>
> At the last kf5 meeting we discussed setting up a KDE mirror of qt5.git with
> more recent sha1s, but the meeting minutes don't actually say who's
> responsible for this. Ben Cooksley, I presume?

Possibly - I wasn't at the meeting.
I'll see if this can be arranged - previously I had setup something
like this which was particular to build.kde.org only.

We already have a mirror of a number of Qt repositories at
git://anongit.kde.org/qt/<repo name> which is updated from Gitorious
once an hour.

Regards,
Ben