share installPackage macro

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 1 17:41:33 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 01 May 2013, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Assume I want to share a macro defined in plasma-framework/CMakeLists.txt
> with other repositories, how would I go about that in a few easy steps?
>
> (I'm talking about our installPackage macro, it's just a couple of lines,
> but still copying it feels wrong.)

You are talking about a cmake macro,  right ?

If you are sure you really do want to share it, which also means promising
compatibility towards the users of your macro, install the file containing the
macro next to the Config.cmake file you are installing, and include() the
macro file in the Config.cmake file.

Let me know if you need more details.

Alex