KIconLoader::SizeSmallMedium

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jun 10 13:21:48 UTC 2013

On Saturday 08 June 2013 13:08:21 David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 07 June 2013 11:01:44 Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Friday 07 June 2013, KDE CI System wrote:
> > > tier1/solid/src/solid/CMakeFiles/Solid_static.dir/backends/fakehw/fakege
> > > ne
> > > ricinterface.cpp.o [ 26%] Building CXX object
> > > tier1/solid/src/solid/CMakeFiles/Solid_static.dir/backends/fakehw/fakema
> > > na
> > > ger.cpp.o
> > > <http://build.kde.org/job/kdelibs_frameworks_qt5/ws/staging/knotificatio
> > > ns
> > > /src/kstatusnotifieritem.cpp>:37:25: fatal error: kiconloader.h: No such
> > > file or directory compilation terminated.
> > > make[2]: ***
> >
> > I guess is better for this library to not depend from KIconLoader...
> >
> > KIcon(name) can be replaced by QIcon::fromTheme(name)
> >
> > but there is still the use of standard sizes, like
> > KIconLoader::SizeSmallMedium
> > is it possible to work around that? or needs either privately redefining
> > them or use KIconLoader
>
> Is it just me, or is this a hardcoded pixel size, rather than a user-
> configurable size?
>
> KIconLoader has both, the latter via groups.
>
> This means, at the moment, replacing KIconLoader::SizeSmallMedium by 22 (or
> a local variable) would be equivalent. We can always think of better user-
> configurable solutions, but technically we don't have to do this now.

Exactly. We should get rid of KIconLoader there, I agree with hardcoding the
value somehow for now... but please first check if there's not a pixelMetric
which would fit there's a few referring to icon sizes. So if a QtWidgets
dependency is fine there it's a probable ready solution.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net