KDirModelV2, KDirListerV2 and UDSEntryV2 suggestions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 21 19:39:02 UTC 2013

On Monday, January 21, 2013 20:18:03 you wrote:
> I'm guessing Qt5 won't be ready for full fledged desktop application -

maybe you wouldn't say that if you'd seen the QML Desktop Components demo
applications :)

jump to around minute 57 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1pqL5bXe0A

native menus are currently being worked on, and this is targetted for
inclusion in Qt 5.1

> Aaron, do you have any news regarding that DirModel of yours and Marco
> that is threaded?

oh, we don't have such a thing right now. we need to write one. what we
threaded was the nepomuk model, which is used in Active for most (though not
all) file listings.

it's one of the reasons i'm watching this thread with such interest as an
improved KDirModel that doesn't disturb the gui thread even while loading
would be very nice.

--
Aaron J. Seigo