"kde5" or "kf5" ?

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sat Feb 16 17:23:46 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-16, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> _set_fancy(LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR  "${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}/kde5/libexec")

I still don't see a reason for a *shared* libexec directory. libexec is
implementation details of specific libraries, just like one shouldn't
mess around with each others private's in the code, one also shouldn't
mess around with other's libexec bits.

so libfoo's libexec should be lib_install_dir/foo/libexec

> _set_fancy(XDG_APPS_INSTALL_DIR "${SHARE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/applications/kde5" )

I'm also a bit unsure about this one. Sure it is nice to avoid path
conflicts with other applications hogging the same desktop file names,
but from the different end of things: if things does hog the same
desktop file name, the content of the file is probably going to be so
similar that everyone wants to know about it and ensure that the content
is different enough.

e.g. having two webbrowser.desktop files will not only give file
conflicts on the system, but also confuse users if they both say
Name=Web Browser

/Sune