khtml uses qx11info_x11 without checking for qtx11support

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:35:53 UTC 2013

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Sunday 10 February 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Treeve Jelbert wrote:
>> > /var/git/kf5/khtml/khtmlview.cpp:36:26: fatal error: qx11info_x11.h: No
>> > such file or directory
>> > compilation terminated.
>> >
>> > Also qtx11support is broken, still uses obsolete QT_{BEGIN,END}_HEADER
>>
>> Please make sure you are using codereview.qt-project.org:qt/qtx11extras.
>
> can we please document that process somewhere ?
>
> Yesterday evening I wanted to push some small change, but couldn't do that
> because I was suddenly required to update Qt.
>
> What is the recommended way to do that ?

I can't at least. I have no idea how to manage git submodules properly
(qt5.git uses git submodules). That's why I don't use it. I also think it's
a large waste of time because you end up re-building Qt modules which you
don't necessarily need all the time.

Especially as I see on the wiki link you posted, the recommendation is to
configure it with tests. Why do we instruct people build all Qt tests?
That's pure timewasting.

Glad you figured it out anyway.

Thanks,

Steve.