Separating everything ?

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Fri Feb 8 13:33:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 12:13:31PM +0100, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> I actually fail to see how splitting the libraries will make things
> simpler. It does make handling the repositories harder, especially for
> newcomers who have to learn a whole new (and unintuitive) side of git, as
> Kevin said.

Well, to take a concrete example, it makes it much easier for me to just
check out the <1 MB (just assuming the size here) Sonnet repo instead of the
many hundreds of megabytes of the complete kdelibs repo, and while working on
it I can just use the distro-provided version of the rest.

I honestly don't think most people are going to hack on many of the various
frameworks at the same time (and for those who plan to do that, the procedure
is pretty clearly documented and straight-forward).

--
Martin Sandsmark