Forward includes

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Dec 28 10:53:06 UTC 2013

On Friday 27 December 2013 19:54:14 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> On Friday 27 December 2013 19:00:14 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've been going through the kde4support forward includes, since I wanted
> > start making the modules I decided we'd better make sure all of them are
> > working properly.
> >
> > After some research, I found that I don't have these available, can
> > somebody please tell me if I'm missing some dependency or if these are
> > indeed not available [1]? If there's no problem with this, I'll proceed to
> > change these for a warning that they're not available anymore (see
> > attachment).
>
> I have checked a few of them manually and indeed the real header files do
> not exists.

Yes, but for at least one of them it's a mistake:
I forgot to add the rule for installing kdbusservicestarter.h
Will fix asap.

The others look like stuff that got removed, or was made internal.

> The approach in the patch seems correct, we don't want to add a source
> incompatible change by removing them, but I'd change the message from:
>
> #warning "This file is not available anymore in KF5, please see
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes

I think you should use #error instead.
#warning doesn't work with MSVC iirc (it uses #pragma message("..") instead).

Well, #pragma message() works with gcc, so you could use that everywhere if
you don't want to make it an error.